These Texting Terms and Conditions apply when you provide prior express consent to receive text messages from MaxHealth.
Text messaging from us may include one-time or recurring texts related to your health care, programs, products, services, and tools, and/or general health information:
- Healthcare reminders. Messages may include reminders such as preventive health screenings, flu shots, mammograms, colonoscopy, etc.
- Benefit and plan information. Messages may include information about services covered under your plan, cost sharing, finding a network provider, alerts when a provider you have an appointment with is not in the network.
- Rx Reminders. Messages may include reminders when your medication needs to be refilled or when a new medication has been sent to your preferred pharmacy.
- Program and services. Messages may include information about programs that are available to you such as; diabetes, heart conditions, cancer care, wellness, weight management, quit smoking, etc.
- Appointment scheduling and reminders. Messages may include confirmations, reminders or cancellations.
We both agree that the only way to end text messages for a specific texting program is to reply STOP. You understand and approve that by making this request replying STOP to one texting program will not opt you out of all programs that you are enrolled in. You must reply STOP opt-out of each texting program that you no longer want to be a part of.
Text messages may be sent to your mobile number using an automatic dialing system. Message and Data rates may apply. Text messaging may not be available from all carriers. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider.
IF YOU NO LONGER WANT TEXT MESSAGES FROM US, YOU MUST REPLY STOP TO EACH TEXTING PROGRAM YOU ENROLLED IN.
After you send “STOP” to us, we may send you a message to make sure that you no longer want to get text messages from that program. After this, you will no longer get text messages from us from that texting program. If you want to join again, just sign up as you did the first time and we will start sending text messages to you for the programs you have signed up for.
We do not guarantee the successful delivery of text messages by your wireless provider. Messages sent by text may not be delivered if the mobile device is not in range of a transmission site, or if the network is down. Factors beyond the power of wireless carriers may get in the way of message delivery. This may include the terrain, how close you are to buildings, foliage, weather, and your equipment. We and your wireless provider will not be liable for losses or damages that come from:
- a message not delivered, a message delivered late, or
- a message that goes to the wrong number; or
- inaccurate or incomplete content in a text message.
We are not liable for your use or reliance on the content of any text message.
Privacy & Security
Please notify us immediately if your mobile number changes. We are not liable for any communication or transmission of information by text which happens because you did not report that your mobile number changed. Password-protecting mobile device(s) and enabling encryption, if available, is recommended.
Text messages may include protected health information (PHI). Since text messaging is unencrypted, there is a risk that this PHI could be intercepted or viewed by third parties, including others who access your device. When you choose to receive text messages from us, you do so at your own risk.
The use and disclosure of PHI in text messaging may be governed by additional privacy notices, including applicable HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices.