WHAT’S WORSE THAN A BIG MAC?
Most people who are trying to diet automatically assume they can only eat salads. That’s just partially right. Are you aware that most salads ordered at restaurants actually contain more fat, salt, sugar and calories than the good ol’ Big Mac?
So let’s put things in perspective:
A Big Mac contains 550 calories and has 29 grams of fat, 75 mg of cholesterol and 970 mg of salt.
Now let’s look at the 5 worst salads:
1. Applebee’s Grilled Shrimp ‘N Spinach Salad, Regular (1,000 calories, 10 g saturated fat, 195 mg cholesterol, and 2,990 mg sodium)
2. California Pizza Kitchen’s Moroccan-Spiced Chicken Salad, Full (1,500 calories, 10 g saturated fat, 295 mg cholesterol, and 1,380 mg sodium)
3. Chili’s Quesadilla Explosion Salad (1,430 calories, 28 g saturated fat, 175 mg cholesterol, and 2,620 mg sodium)
4. IHOP’s Crispy Chicken Cobb Salad With Avocado (1,350 calories, 29 g saturated fat, 590 mg cholesterol, and 2,980 mg sodium)
5. IHOP’s Crispy Chicken Cobb Salad With Grilled Chicken (1,130 calories, 27 g saturated fat, 635 mg cholesterol, and 2,880 mg sodium)
Yes, salads can be unhealthy but eating one with the right ingredients is very important. Remember that cheese, croutons, bacon and fried meats greatly increase the salt, fat and calories in your salad. However, the biggest offender is simply the salad dressing. Most people are not aware that the dressing alone probably contains more junk than your whole meal.
So, when eating salads, try to avoid the above mentioned bad stuff and learn to enjoy oil and vinegar as your salad dressing……or, what the heck: just get the Big Mac with a Diet Coke